welcome to Forza Pro League Racing, Please Log in or Register

Forza Pro League Racing is your first step into the world of competitive online racing. Whether you’re a first time player or a seasoned expert, we’re sure that our high-quality content will improve your online driving experience. Take a look through our site for that and much more.
Latest topics
Number RequestSat Sep 29, 2018 7:05 amBMRCorkey
Race number requestSun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 amChop7106
Race Number RequestSun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 amFertileSphere
Race Number RequestSat Jun 30, 2018 7:54 ammazza015
race number requestFri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pmLazMuteahhit
Race Number RequestFri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pmLazMuteahhit
Race number request Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pmLazMuteahhit
Race number requestWed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pmFSR Madness04
Number requestWed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 amshanegtrx6

Go down
Katashi Umikoa
Grassroots

Prototype Challenge - Round 4 - Race Recap

on Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 am

Round 4 was bound to be a game changer and it did live up to the hype.

Welcome again to the Prototype Challenge series @ sunny Road America by Forza Pro League Racing. 

Today's 9 car field had a shaky start that jumbled up the grid order, putting some of the fastest qualifiers in the back of the field. For the first 12 laps of this 40 lap race, the race was tight with lots of close racing.

In the end, Katashi Umikoa was able to come from behind the field to secure his first victory for Constant Motion Racing in the series. Victory Lane was awash with a celebratory crew and a jubilant driver:

"I still can't believe it! We finally won one! Oh man, I am so confused. I can't think. We had a AWESOME car that did what we wanted when we needed to. I was worried that our gearing was too short and we came dangerously close to redlining. But the grip was spot on and we only had one short off course slip up. For the most part, we were fast, we were consistent, and we stayed out of danger. I am SO glad we could grab a win for the team and our sponsors Anime-zing Escape and T-Mobile. I can't wait to see what we can do for the last race at Miami! It is in our backyard and my home state of Florida. I hope we can end this with a bang. This is GREAT!"

------------------------------------------------

The excitement continued as Sean Steward and Simon Paton fought all the way to the start/finish line for second place with Simon sneaking by the line by INCHES over Sean.

"What a finish between you two. By a matter of inches. That must have been the most highly contested finish ever for you guys?"

Sean - 'At the beginning I exceeded my expectations at qualifying. with a race restart and grid order in randomised I got off to a good start as time went on it was apparent my pace was not as fast as other races but consistency got me through. I held a lead for a short while it was a constant battle upfront and I was just happy to be part of it, as the race was coming to a close the pressure was getting to me. Simon was catching me up as I defended my position for the last few corners on the final turn he got a better exit speed and passed me one foot before the start finish line.'

Simon - 'This was a track that I really enjoy and our pace was very strong Sunday. Starting from last at the restart I was quite confident I could work way back to the front of the pack. But in my eagerness to gain positions I tapped the rear of a Chevy so had to wait for him to rejoin. Corner 4 I was 5 seconds down on lap one. This kinda set the tone for the rest of the race. Great pace would see me catch up with the leaders but I was having a case of the try hards and I’d make a silly mistake and undo all my work. Take nothing away from my fellow racers they drove superb. Congratulations to Katashi in his maiden win and Sean for providing some great competition again. Sneaking 2nd place on the line from him? I’ll take that today.'

"Sean, your race program has been solid this season. What hopes do you have for the final race?"

Sean - 'For the final race of the prototypes I just want to race with a level head and do my best and enjoy it."

"We hear that you will not be able to make the final race of the season, making this your last race Simon. Any thoughts on your performance in the series?"

Simon - 'It’s been an up and down season. DNF to start followed by some decent results in the following races. Good luck to the lads at Miami I’m off to get a tan and raid the mini bar on holiday.'

------------------------------------------------

For the season finale, the guys will be heading down to sunny AND hot Miami Florida for a run on the high banks and challenging road course of Homestead. It promises to be a fight for the #1 top spot in the standings! Can Sean hold on for the series win, or will Katashi and the others spoil his plans. Come find out next week and see you then!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum