welcome to Forza Pro League Racing, Please Log in or Register

Forza Pro League Racing is your first step into the world of competitive online racing. Whether you’re a first time player or a seasoned expert, we’re sure that our high-quality content will improve your online driving experience. Take a look through our site for that and much more.
Latest topics
Race number requestSun Jul 01, 2018 11:46 amChop7106
Race Number RequestSun Jul 01, 2018 4:44 amFertileSphere
Race Number RequestSat Jun 30, 2018 7:54 ammazza015
race number requestFri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pmLazMuteahhit
Race Number RequestFri Jun 29, 2018 3:31 pmLazMuteahhit
Race number request Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:21 pmLazMuteahhit
Race number requestWed Jun 27, 2018 9:19 pmFSR Madness04
Number requestWed Jun 27, 2018 1:37 amshanegtrx6
Race number request Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 pmFRD Mr Angry

Go down
FRD Mr Angry
Admin
Admin
https://www.facebook.com/groups/forzaproleagueracing/

Prototype Challenge - Round 3 Post Race Report

on Tue May 08, 2018 5:56 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Welcome again to round 3 of the Prototype Challenge brought to you by the Forza Pro League Racing series. Today's race was dry, warm, and fast. Though the turnout was significantly lower than last week's event, that did not effect the excitement and skill displayed from the drivers.

Simon Paton came from the middle of the pack to chase down the leaders and score the victory with Sean not to far behind. Our pit reporter caught up to the winner in Victory Lane and asked the humble winner a few questions:

"A rather conservative qualifying time but you scored yourself a victory. Were you hanging back a little bit around qualifying time?"

Simon - 'No not at all. Given the speed of the front runners I knew a good starting position would be essential. Just couldn’t string a decent lap together.'

"The field was rather small compared to Round 2 at Laguna Seca. Was the competition just as tough?"

Simon - 'Very much so. I need to work on my starts and qualifying a bit more. I’m always giving myself too much work to do, but I knew I had the speed to be a podium contender. The car is set up so well and I’m enjoying driving the ford. It’s looks to be the best choice for the championship. Just want to thank my fellow racers for a tough but enjoyable race. Particularly Sean for pushing right up to the very last lap. Looking forward to the next round and maybe grabbing another win.'

------------------------------------------------

The only off course event was when Katashi Umikoa of Constant Motion Racing had a steering malfunction that costed him a podium finish.

"We still don't know what the technical difficulty was. I really hate it for our team."

Katashi was on his way to the best finish of his young career in the series when about 4 laps after his first of 2 pit stops, his car turned of the track and into the gravel before the start finish line.

"It lasted about 10 seconds and then I got my steering back. It really hurt my bid for a 1st place finish. I know I could have done it. We were running pace with the top guys, even faster at several places on the track. But it happened. Nothing we can do about it now. Next race is Road America and we have testing to do."
He was not available for further questions after that.
Katashi Umikoa
Grassroots

Re: Prototype Challenge - Round 3 Post Race Report

on Tue May 08, 2018 5:59 pm
Thanks for posting this for me.
I will be looking into getting a ACTUAL laptop soon so I can do these on my own.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum